Saturday, May 15, 2010

A question of (musical) taste

Charlie can be very fickle with his music preferences.

One minute all he wants is Ska music, the song Monkey Man in particular. This is his father's influence. I think he's trying to make Charlie into a mini-Mod. At 9 months old Charlie was listening to the Sex Pistol's "Anarchy in the UK". And he loved it.

God help us.

Next minute his musical taste swings to Mozart, then to the Wiggles, on to modern rock. I think you get the picture.

All through this, we have at least had one constant.

The bedtime song.

Usually I sing Twinkle Twinkle, occassionally veering to the Sky Boat Song. But always soothing and mellow and conducive to sleep.

Until the other evening.

"Tiger song, Mummy. Tiger song. Pleeeaaasssse."

Not the most appropriate bedtime song, son, but who am I to stifle your musical exploration?

I hereby present Charlie's new bedtime song - "The Tiger Song". (And yes I have learnt to sing it, well the chorus at least. The things we do for our kids, eh?).

1 comment:

  1. oh this is funny!! Kids are so cute... ans maybe the best judge of a song... anything with a good beat!

    ReplyDelete