Friday, March 19, 2010

Leaving his Mark

Even when Charlie is fast asleep in his cot, or at least pretending to be asleep, or whatever it is he gets up to in there, I find it hard to forget about him.

Not because of some mother instinct to always be aware of your child, or because I can't bear to be apart from him for a single second.

No. It's not that.

It just seems that everywhere I look around this house, I see little reminders of him.

Case in point. Our (marked & dirty) coffee table.



Let's have a closer look at the evidence, shall we?



Hmmm...... I think Charlie's been here.


And here. (Daddy's computer screen)


Happily leaving his mark wherever he goes.


On the oven.



On the hall mirror.



On the french doors.


On the bedroom mirror.



Boy, does that kid get around. You'd think I never clean around here.

But I do. Honestly.

I know, let's go to Grandma's house. She'll think your little fingerprints all over everything are adorable.

And that's just one of the vast differences between being a Mum and a Grandma.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I know! the house is clean up until the boys walk in. After that... all bets are off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the joys of having toddlers in the house, better not show you our patio doors, or windows where the dog has been........almost as bad as a toddler!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain. Our dirty finger prints are a little higher now but just as messy!

    ReplyDelete