Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Demonstration of My Parenting Skills

Yesterday, Kaiden had the unfortunate experience of having both Del and I in the car when we dropped him off at school. It's an experience I think he would rather not repeat

We pulled up out the front of the high school, and as Kaiden walked away from the car and into the crowd, doing the usual teenage 'Even though I just got out that car, I really have nothing to do with the two people inside it' thing, Del opened the car window.

Del and I looked at each other with an evil glint in our eyes, and simultaneously called out the window, loud and clear, "Bye Bye Kaiden. We love you. M-wah, m-wah. Bye Kaiden Bye. We love you."

To say Kaiden was embarrassed would be an understatement. Even one of his friends came up to him later and said sympathetically "Man, that must have been so embarrassing".

I'm sure that particular moment won't win me a Parent of the Year award, but I view it as character building. You know, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and all that sort of thing.

Plus it was so satisfying.

And hilarious.

And I consider it payback for all the teenage moodiness that we've been through so far.

Now we're even.


(I thought I should add, that although initially embarrassed, Kaiden and I had a good laugh about it when he came home in the afternoon.
After thinking the incident and my reasons over for a few minutes, he stated "When I have kids, I'm going to have to do that to them"!).

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT. I am so not above doing such thing to my kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's one of those little perks that parents have for the times the teenagers make our lives miserable....pay back time....

    Gill

    ReplyDelete