Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Making It Through The Day One Teeth Gritting Episode At A Time

Lately I've found it difficult to get back into the swing of blogging regularly.

One or two of you may have noticed. No? Oh, you're too kind!

My last post mentioned I hardly know what day or week it is at any given time. Christmas could be tomorrow for all I know these days.

Or Easter.

My days went from long tedious stretches of days at home, too tired and ill to do anything, to BAM, you're well again let's fill every available minute with something to do! Swimming, music, martial arts, story time at the library, working 30 hrs a week from home, housework, cooking..... every damn second of every damn day.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and all the way through to Sunday.

Then repeat. And repeat. And repeat.......

Most of these activities are either for this particular person, or are done with him in tow :



His social schedule is busier than mine (an easy thing to happen given my social schedule is pretty much totally empty these days). But the alternative is being stuck at home everyday, where he gets bored and mama goes a little bonkers.

You know, I think I need a holiday. Somewhere warm and tropical sounds good right now. Possibly without children, or at least where I can escape for long periods on my own.

Or if I must have someone with me, let it be a highly skilled massuese.

Look at this innocent face. How could anyone need a break from such an angel, I hear you wonder?



Well, let me tell you that this little 'angel' woke 4 times during the night, and then for some reason known only to him, decided that 5.30am was a great time to start the day.

I didn't agree with him on that point.

Then because he didn't sleep well and then got up at stupid 'o' clock, he's been grumpy as all hell this morning, and I don't have much patience for some strange reason.

But in between all these things, he does something so silly and cute that I can't help but smile and cuddle and love him.



And then I grit my teeth once again, and get back to the latest task at hand. Which right now is catching up with multiple work projects whilst toddler wrangling.

I do love my life, but right now I'm tired. I need a change, I need a break.

But instead it's back to work for me. Hope your day is as exciting everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I don't have any solutions to the busy-ness, the need to escape and the mother-guilt that soon seems to follow. I am guessing that the busy will just get busier as Charlie gets bigger and joins in on the sport and martial arts and the parties and the madness...
    Luckily Charlie is such a little hunk of awesome who has amazing big brothers! I hope you find your holiday soon, even if it is an afternoon in the sun as Charlie plays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have all been there, sending you {{hugs}}

    Gill

    ReplyDelete