Friday, February 25, 2011

Fashionable and Fabulous Friday

It's Friday again everyone!

And you know what that means, don't you?

After work drinks? Big night out? The weekend????? Well yes, all those things (if you're lucky!) but most importantly it's .......

......... Fashionable and Fabulous Friday time.

I know you wait all week for this moment, people.

Last weekend, Del and I went to a cocktail party. I feel so sophisticated and, umm... I don't know.... something going to a cocktail party. Doesn't it just sound so glamorous? And it was in the city, no less. Such an un-suburban mother of three thing to do!

This is what I wore :


Not quite sure but I felt this outfit had a bit of an 80's vibe to it.
Maybe the pearls and cut of the top part of the dress are bit 80's Madonna-ish?



This fabulous little cocktail dress was a gift from my in-laws for my birthday last month. It fits like a dream and I've been eagerly anticipating an occasion to wear it.

And this cocktail part was it.


Look matching shoes and handbag everyone!
Red, just because I like red.


Actually, I think I may have over hyped this party. Just a wee bit, perhaps.

It was a small get together at the apartment of one of my dearest friend's, to celebrate her upcoming birthday. But there was cocktail food there. I swear.

So we celebrated her birthday, out on the balcony over looking the river. A birthday which she will be away for. She always is.

You see, every birthday she plans a holiday, and this year her birthday rolled around with me slaving away at work, looking after my monsters and keeping up with the drudgery of housework (who am I kidding? I love housework!), she was off cruising the Caribbean. Ah well, I guess someone has to do it.

Jealous? Not me. Much.



But at least I felt I looked good in my new dress.

3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! Love the dress... but the shoes and purse make the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome outfit, you look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous. I love the dress, especially with the shoes and purse

    ReplyDelete