Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fashionable and Fabulous Friday

It's Fashionable Friday again.

On a Saturday.

And you all know what that means, don't you?

Yep that's right - I've been just too damn busy to actually manage to do this post on a Friday. Oh, and for most of Friday I didn't have my computer. But excuses, excuses......

Anyway, on to the topic at hand, what will I be wearing????

After having the Fashionable & Fabulous Friday challenge thrown at me by my delightful Soul Sister, I'm happy to say I can now cross the first thing off the list :

(3) Ethnic/folk/a little earthy



So what do you think?

This was a bit of an easy one that I chose to start with, as this is an outfit that I wear often when I'm in a Earth Mother type of mood.

Loose and flowing, yet comfortable and still a little stylish I hope.



I've even gone barefoot in these photo's just to add that authentic earthy touch! Either that, or I just couldn't be bothered finding a pair of shoes to go with the outfit.



This skirt deserves a close up shot of it's own as whenever I wear it I get many lovely compliments on it. It was one of my market finds in Hong Kong last year, and I just love this skirt to pieces. Literally. It's been worn so much that it's starting to show a bit of wear and tear.

It's worth a flight back to HK just to buy more of these skirts - one in each colour should do it I think.

I know it wouldn't be hard to convince my darling husband to take a little jaunt over to HK, we both love it there. And as a bonus, he's a man who loves to shop, and boy did we shop. Till we dropped!

Don't be jealous - I know how lucky I am.



And the divine necklace also deserves a close up. I love how it just works with the earthiness of the outfit, and really pulls it all together. It was a gift from my mum and dad, and I'm so thankful for my mum's wonderful taste in jewelry.

So there you have it - Earth Mother.

Done and dusted.

Next!

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I love the entire outfit. Those strappy wedge sandals from one of your previous posts would look great with it.

    ReplyDelete