Tuesday, July 7, 2015

One of Those Days

Yesterday was a real day. What I mean by that is that life wasn't perfect, but it was real.

It started with that on edge, mild headache-y feeling after waking from a sleep filled with nightmares. Not the best way to start a day I find.

As the morning progressed there were a few other minor hiccups along the way. Then came the straw that broke the camels back. Minor, inconsequential and totally not worth it in the scheme of things. Yet there is was, the thing that took me to edge of tears and frustration.

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.... it didn't.

It got better.

My three boys rallied around me and each in their own way helped me over this little hurdle.

Kaiden lent me his hands and physical strength to help me complete the task, getting on with the details of what was needed even without me asking.

Corey used his head and put pen to paper and came up with an awesome solution to the problem.

And Charlie. Dear little Charlie. He used his heart to share love and bring happiness, which was just the extra boost I needed. He took this modest little branch he'd collected and decorated it with all the love (and sticky tape) he could.




This was what really made me take a moment. And a deep breathe, and then smile.



Each of my boys helped me by using their different abilities.

Head. Hands. Heart.

Three things that in my opinion, if used well, create a wonderful person. And my three boys, each embodying one of these qualities.

I'm such a proud mama.









No comments:

Post a Comment