Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Wintery Days


It's winter here in the southern hemisphere.

Winter for our particular part of the world is mostly sunny blue skies, warmish sunshine and cool nights.

I know, hardship right?

Yet for us the temperature dropping to a barely acceptable 3oC overnight means it's winter. So colder evenings are filled with lovely things. Such as warming soups for dinner.



Evening artwork by the heater - today Charlie's illustrating a song he's learnt in German class about the seasons.

Thank goodness for Google translate. How else is a non German speaking mama to figure out what 'trauben' means.

Grapes it turns out.



 Our evenings also include lighting the candles on our winter nature table. We've pared down what's on our nature table considerably, I refuse to allow sticks that are almost the size of tree branches here.

No matter how much someone insists that they're part of nature and represents winter.

Well, this particular part of nature can stay outside with the rest then.



Charlie decided to 'surprise' me by rearranging the bathroom today. He wanted to make it look better I was told.

My interior design and artistic arranging skills are obviously not up to par, so he needed to step in to rectify this.

This photo shows the bathroom benchtop with items now neatly lined up in a row.



This photo shows the window sill next to the bath with all his toy cars now neatly lined up in a row.



 This photo shows our recently hand carved soaps now neatly lined up in a row.



I think I'm beginning to see a decorating theme emerging here.

So it seems if I just neatly line up everything in the house in rows then I could be in the running for the interior designer of the year award. Only if there's a 6 year old judging that is.

But for now I'll just sit quietly in my comfy corner of the bathroom, to knit and oversee bathtime and turn a blind eye to the row of soap fish staring at me.




No comments:

Post a Comment