Friday, February 26, 2010

A Woman and Her Camera

I'm in love and I think my husband suspects something.

My new love is my camera. Previously I had pretty much neglected the needs of my camera, just point and shoot, point and shoot. Not once did I consider the needs of my poor much taken for granted camera. I have recently come to realise that it needs to have it's settings lovingly tinkered with, while taking my time to slowly find the perfect lighting, focus and background.




Ensuring every picture tells a story.




And you know what? The more time I spend with the camera the more in love I become. I can see love becoming an obsession.



Now just because I'm enjoying myself with my camera, does not mean I'm any good at photography, no siree. I need to practice more, a whole lot more.

And I'm more than happy to do so.




But I have noticed a teeny tiny sliver of improvement from when I first started. And I think it's mainly that I am THINKING about taking the photo as I'm taking it, not just point and shoot.

So I have made it a focus (pardon the pun) to practice everyday. But unfortunately my models seem to be over it already.



I may have to resort to letting my husband in on my secret, in order to gain another model to practice on.

5 comments:

  1. oh my husband knows that my camera comes before he does... enjoy your new found passion! It is so rewarding!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my camera, too, but I need a better one. I like that first photo so much! Btw, if your husband is anything like mine, he'll also be a reluctant model . . . but you might be able to train the littlest guy to pose for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it will take a lot of training to get Charlie to pose, he's forever moving so I have to take a hundred photos in quick succession and hope that at least one turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leiani, I love it, I can't believe Charlie is 18 months already and the boys (the older two) have grown up so much since I last saw photos of them.

    I am so glad you have decided to blog, I love your style of writing.

    I am going to feature you on my blog tomorrow if that's alright?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gill - thank you so much for stopping by, and thanks for you lovely comments. And of course it's more than ok to feature me on your blog - I'm flattered!
    And yes my boys are getting so big, time flies by so fast. Charlie is a real toddler now, Corey is a 'tween' and Kaiden is now well into the teenage years (and teenagers act basically just like big toddlers with hormones LOL).

    ReplyDelete